[racket-dev] DrDr & the split repository

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 5 07:14:40 EST 2014

Since we split the repository, there have been significantly more
errors on DrDr:

http://drdr.racket-lang.org/

This is mainly because DrDr used to use a monolithic metadata file:

https://github.com/plt/racket/blob/master/pkgs/plt-services/meta/props

This meta-data file included things like "Don't run this file" and
"Give it a timeout of 5 minutes" or "This program fails randomly, so
don't blame the committer". But we can't use this centralized metadata
with the decentralized repository.

Instead, Matthew changed "raco test" (which is how DrDr tests
programs) to support all these options. They can be test on a
per-directory or per-file basis. The documentation for this is here:

http://docs.racket-lang.org/raco/test.html?q=raco%20test#%28part._test-config%29

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy
http://jeapostrophe.github.io

           "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing,
      for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.
And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."
                          - D&C 64:33

Posted on the dev mailing list.