[racket-dev] The repository is now split

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 4 11:32:37 EST 2014

On Thu Dec 04 2014 at 11:27:45 AM Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu>
wrote:

> For those of you who have my level of experience with such things,
> here is what Sam's phrase "I *highly* recommend creating a new clone
> of the repository, and re-running `make`." means, for your value of
> the name 'plt2':
>
> $ git clone git:plt plt2
> $ cd plt2/
> $ git submodule init
> $ git submodule update
> $ make

Exactly.

Note that the `git:plt` repository that Matthias uses here is an alias for
`git.racket-lang.org:plt`. If you're not a committer, you'll want to use
`git://git.racket-lang.org/plt.git`.

Also, the submodule steps are needed on Windows and OS X, but not on Linux
(which is why I forgot to mention them).

Sam