[racket-dev] [racket] Performance. Higher-order function

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 12 13:32:05 EDT 2014

We discussed the possibility git submodules last year, and I think the
consensus was that it wouldn't work well. We did attach the
native-library repo (for Mac OS X and Windows) as a submodule to the
main Racket repo, and that worked well enough, but I think it has
worked only because the native-library repo changes rarely.

Our build system can create a distribution from any set of packages,
and so we can easily switch over one of the snapshots to use that mode
and include the OC. The Utah snapshot machine fell off the network
(that's why we have more than snapshot site...), but I can try adding
OC when I can reset it next week.

Including OC in a build from a checkout of the main repo seems harder.
The main repo in its current shape was always intended to be an
intermediate step before we split it up into separate, package-specific
repos; that still seems like the right direction to me.