[racket-dev] Project Idea to port Paredit mode to DrRacket.

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Jun 8 17:40:42 EDT 2013

Asumu Takikawa wrote at 06/08/2013 05:26 PM:
> (maybe you can port paredit by replacing the emacs text buffer
>   manipulation function calls with method calls into these interfaces)

If you wanted to make it even more cool... One of the original goals of
Guile (a Scheme implementation that was once intended to be the new GNU
language, including for Emacs) was to implement backward-compatibility
interpreter for existing Emacs Lisp add-ons code.  If someone made a
Racket "#lang emacs-lisp" that used DrRacket text buffers -- even if
only a small subset of Emacs Lisp operations -- I think that would earn
them some kudos, besides being a fun exercise for Racket's language
support.  (The hardest part might be translating some of the Emacs Lisp
dynamically-scoped variables into Racket parameters.  You don't need the
dynamic scoping for most of them, though, but you have to decide which
ones.)

Neil V.

Posted on the dev mailing list.