[racket-dev] Performance Lab

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Jan 22 08:28:33 EST 2013

A few minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:
> It would be fantastic to have this kind of help. Thank you for
> offering! As Neil said, you'll want to consult with Jay some to
> avoid duplication of work, but also Eli can help with sending out
> notifications when pushes to the repo happen.

We don't have something that sends out notifications -- instead, drdr
polls the push counter here:

    http://git.racket-lang.org/plt.git/push-counter

However, it's easy to configure github to send an http request (or an
email, or whatever) on pushes, which happen on each push we do to our
repo.

> Performance testing is a place where I think our automated testing
> support is especially weak, too. Thanks again!

I think that drdr could use some work to be more robust in general
(the machine setup), and to work on other platforms (osx, windows).
The robustness is particularly important if it's going to send out
alerts when performance changes much.

And BTW, for performance, it would be nice to alert on all changes,
not just when it goes up...