From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 7 12:59:30 EST 2013

At Wed, 06 Feb 2013 16:16:16 -0700,
Neil Toronto wrote:

> On 02/06/2013 03:28 PM, stamourv at racket-lang.org wrote:
> > stamourv has updated `master' from bb216d142c to 117c81e2a6.
> >    http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/bb216d142c..117c81e2a6
> >
> > =====[ One Commit ]=====================================================
> > Directory summary:
> >   100.0% collects/meta/
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > 117c81e Vincent St-Amour <stamourv at racket-lang.org> 2013-02-06 17:22
> > :
> > | Increase timeout for TR random testing.
> > :
> >    M collects/meta/props | 1 +
>
> Have you been getting timeout messages from DrDr too?

I have.

> I've been getting them for "matrix-tests.rkt" for the last few days, and
> just got one for "array-tests.rkt". Both are TR programs. From the
> graph, for the latter, it looks like it's been slowing down over the
> last week or so with a steep ramp in the last few days that just got
> over 90 seconds.
>
>    http://drdr.racket-lang.org/26222/collects/math/tests/array-tests.rkt
>
> I haven't changed `math/array' or `math/matrix' or their tests in the
> last 16 days. Were there any changes to TR that could have slowed down
> expansion?

The union for `Number' has recently gotten bigger with the inclusion of
types for imaginaries, which can slow things down. Typechecking of calls
to `=' has also gotten slower, now that its type is used in cases where
a special typing rule (faster, but much less precise) was used. Both
changes were bug fixes.

Vincent

Posted on the dev mailing list.