[racket-dev] Cross-phase persistent modules

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 5 14:13:06 EDT 2013

On further inspection, it looks like the grammar for cross-phase persistent
modules is not clear about where cross-expr is required and where more
general exprs are allowed.  The define-values form requires cross-expr,
which makes sense.  The #%plain-lambda and case-lambda forms appear to
permit general expressions, which also makes sense -- since cross-phase
persistent modules can't run these procedures, they might as well be able
to do whatever they want.  But the arguments of cons, list,
make-struct-type, and make-struct-type-property are documented as expr
rather than cross-expr, and that doesn't make a lot of sense.  Presumably
these should be restricted to cross-expr as well.

Carl Eastlund