[racket-dev] match syntax-parse

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 11 14:01:20 EDT 2012

On 05/11/2012 07:45 AM, stefan.israelsson at se.abb.com wrote:
> 2.
> I must say that syntax-parse rocks and I would suggest that we implement
> the racket matcher completely with syntax parse.
> To see how it can look like consider looking at the file at,
>
> http://gitorious.org/guile-syntax-parse/guile-syntax-parse/blobs/master/compat/racket/match.scm
>
> Please look at this tomorrow CET I have a new version ready soon with
> interesting addons.
>
> The benefit: is much more hackable codebase then the current match
> code-base, it's smaller for one thing.
> The drawback: one must change syntax-parse to not use match code. I
> would say that this is not
> that hugh investment though. And that one introduces buggs.

This Wednesday, we had the PLT luminaries from University of Utah visit
our humble group at BYU. I can swear that Ryan told us syntax/parse
doesn't actually use match. It has its own slower-but-simpler
implementation.

We also talked about bootstrapping syntax/parse. And then bootstrapping
everything. It was heady stuff.

Neil ⊥

Posted on the dev mailing list.