[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.2.1, second draft

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryan at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 27 15:44:18 EST 2012

On 01/24/2012 10:30 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Eli Barzilay<eli at barzilay.org>  wrote:
>> There's no mention of the new icons at all now (not the library).
>> Superficial, but will probably make many happy.
>
> I think we should mention the icons, for two reasons:
>
> 1. Neil did a ton of work, and it should be recognized.
> 2. The new icons are a noticeable change, and people will be surprised
> if we don't mention it.

How about this?

* DrRacket uses a new set of composable ray-traced icons
   available from the new `images' library collection.

The parts of the `images' collection currently visible to users seem to
be mainly DrRacket-oriented. The next release announcement can talk
about the rendering and composition features, once those become public.

Ryan

Posted on the dev mailing list.