[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.2.1

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 23 23:07:59 EST 2012

On 01/23/2012 08:04 PM, Ryan Culpepper wrote:
> On 01/23/2012 06:30 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
>>
>> * DrRacket now has a new slate of icons
>>
>> The other seem too minor (and the second one is questionable; I think
>> everyone will appreciate them, but few will download because of that,
>> I guess).
>
> I expect Neil will elaborate on the new library that produced them, and
> "DrRacket uses them" can be attached to that item.

If we're announcing it, this could work:

* A new `images' library produces ray-traced icons and logos, and
provides macros to embed these and other computed bitmaps into compiled
programs. DrRacket is the first major consumer.

When I make the rendering API public - which includes the ray tracer,
pict-like combiners for two-and-a-half-dimensional bitmaps, and fast
image processing primitives, all in Typed Racket - there will be more to
say. Do we want to wait to announce `images' until then?

Neil T

Posted on the dev mailing list.