[racket-dev] Strange error with gui and ffi

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 19 08:02:25 EST 2012

At Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:30:40 +0100, Tobias Hammer wrote:
> i am getting a strange error message from racket if i use racket/gui in
> the main module and only racket in a required one. If i load another
> shared lib in the required module i get the following output:
>
> jpeg: unsupported library version: "unknown"

It does seem that loading libVLCore interferes with the use of libjpeg;
if you use `racket/gui' in "guibug_req.rkt", that would avoid the
problem by initializing the libjpeg use in `racket/draw' (via
`racket/gui') before libVLCore is loaded.

Even if libVLCore is statically linked to a libjpeg, I think it could
interact with dynamic loading of another libjpeg, depending on the
platform and linking options.

Can you say more about the platform, libVLCore's linking, and the
libjpeg that libVLCore uses?

Posted on the dev mailing list.