[racket-dev] new logo

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 15 23:18:54 EST 2012

On 02/15/2012 12:21 PM, John Clements wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Michael W wrote:
>
>> I'm no graphics designer but I've been playing with Eli's logo a
>> bit. I went gradient-happy; sorry.
>>
>> Here it is with a silvery sheen:
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/219506/racket-logo/whitesilver-subtle.png
>>
>> Less subtle, darker silver:
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/219506/racket-logo/silver.png
>>
>> I've been experimenting with a few colors on it:
>>
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/219506/racket-logo/silverblue.png
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/219506/racket-logo/silverred.png
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/219506/racket-logo/silverred-altshine.png
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/219506/racket-logo/bluesilver.png
>>
>> Here are two attempts at the "circular" logo, but I'm out of time
>> to play for today.
>>
>> Classic PLT:
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/219506/racket-logo/circle1.png
>>
>> Flipped color (not too sure about this one):
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/219506/racket-logo/circle-bluewhite.png
>
> Hey! Finally a suggestion with high production value! If you have time to grab Neil's shiny 3D code, I bet you could do something really cool with this.
>
> John

Well, the API ain't public yet, but sho' 'nuff will be after I beat the
stupid out of it.

(Sorry, been reading Brer Rabbit to my kids. Did you know there's a
story where Brer Rabbit tricks Mrs. Fox into cooking her husband's
severed head? That rascally trickster!)

Aaaaaanyway, I'll play with it.

Neil ⊥

Posted on the dev mailing list.