[racket-dev] New plot library pushed

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 5 16:47:44 EDT 2011

On 10/05/2011 02:07 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
> Looks like I spoke too quickly. I think I'm actually not going to be
> much help with this.
>
> In particular, I don't know what mix does and I can't figure out from
> the docs, so I don't know what it means to replace 'mix' with 'list'.
> I can try again if you want, but maybe it is easier for you if you
> just do it. If not, I'm happy to help with whatever tasks you think
> I'd be useful for.

The old 'plot' and 'plot3d' took a procedure with the contract
(some-drawing-area -> void?), which was meant to draw the plot. The
'mix' function composes them.

I'm not asking you to try again. It's more efficient for everyone if I
do the porting page anyway. Besides, adding a porting page will allow me
to solve some minor organizational problems in the docs as they are.

Thanks for wanting to help with that.

I thought of a task you'd "be useful for". If it's not too much trouble,
could you compile your papers with the plots in them and see what breaks?

Neil T

Posted on the dev mailing list.