[racket-dev] scribble pdf

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue May 24 09:00:08 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> Three minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:
>> I do not have an example of different outputs
>>
>> The value is that the latex transcript pauses in the middle so you
>> know where the error message is.
>>
>> You can see what I mean by forcing scribble to call some undefined
>> latex macro.
>
> Ah -- now that you say that I remember how it goes...  (It's probably
> been more than a decade since I ran latex directly, not via some
> makefile, scribble, emacs, or whatever.)
>
> So a crude hack would be for the stdin that is sent to the process to
> have something like "quit\n".  Something better would be to find out
> some option that makes it abort on a first error instead of switching
> to the compile-what-you-can-to-the-eof.
>
> Does that sound right?

Yes, altho I think it would be best to drop into a mode where you are
interacting with latex directly when an error is detected (not sure
how possible that is).

Alternatively,  putting what I described in the docs explicitly and
recommending it on the mailing list seems fine.

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.