[racket-dev] scribble pdf

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue May 24 05:12:13 EDT 2011

Three minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:
> I do not have an example of different outputs
>
> The value is that the latex transcript pauses in the middle so you
> know where the error message is.
>
> You can see what I mean by forcing scribble to call some undefined
> latex macro.

Ah -- now that you say that I remember how it goes...  (It's probably
been more than a decade since I ran latex directly, not via some
makefile, scribble, emacs, or whatever.)

So a crude hack would be for the stdin that is sent to the process to
have something like "quit\n".  Something better would be to find out
some option that makes it abort on a first error instead of switching
to the compile-what-you-can-to-the-eof.

Does that sound right?

(Obviously, it eliminates information -- you get to see one error at a
time, but that's probably something that nobody really needed since
the 80s.)