[racket-dev] Fancy application/automatic anonymous functions

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 17 22:52:31 EDT 2011

I second Eli on a second level.

As much as I think that syntactic simplicity helps a lot of languages,
I don't think this particular kind of simplicity is a major problem or
even worth our attention.

For a while I decided to try point-free programming. You can do it in
Racket as well as in Haskell. Then I ran across someone's rules for
writing Scheme and he had written

 (lambda (n) (+ x n))

is just as readable if not more than

 (curry + x)

and often (not here) it is shorter. I tested it in my project and he's
right.

Let's not play with these little things. Let's get Typed and Lazy and
their interaction with Racket right.