[racket-dev] racket vs. scheme vs. clojure (as it appears to others)

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat May 7 16:10:35 EDT 2011

6 hours ago, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> Right now, we're already using JS to decide which of the 3 initial
> code snippets to display.

We're using it for more -- to flip through the examples.  Most of
these browsers won't even use the CSS so things that should be hidden
are not.  So the change I did makes things better in the fact that the
display shows something sensible rather than the mess that it showed
before -- it now shows each example with its explanation rather than
all of the examples and then all of the explanations.

> As an aside, I suspect that non-JavaScript-browsers are more popular
> among people who complain to Eli than than among the general visitor
> population.  :)

[Besides supporting such browsers to some extent (for example, there's
no sane way to get the documentation search to work there), it's also
useful in the sense that it's closer to what crawlers see.]