[racket-dev] link to producers of type?

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Mon Mar 28 08:33:24 EDT 2011

I don't think there's a Smalltalk-like facility in DrRacket to do what I'm thinking, but I thought I'd make sure.  Take, for example:

; from net/url
(get-pure-port URL [header]) → input-port?
  header : (listof string?) = null

If you right-clicked on input-port? or url?, you'd get a popup list of everything known that could produce the given type.  Since dozens of functions could produce a url or input-port, the popup list might show the package name, link to scribble doc of the producing function, and possible link to source file.  Left-click would still go to the scribble doc for input-port or url.

Geoff