[racket-dev] overwrite

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Mar 8 16:59:16 EST 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Jakub Piotr Cłapa <jpc-ml at zenburn.net>wrote:

> On 27.02.11 23:33, Eli Barzilay wrote:
>
>> Two hours ago, John Clements wrote:
>>

>>> Add'l data point: I tried messing up the clock manually, by turning
>>> off NTP, but I was unable to duplicate the bug this way.
>>>

>> NTP is unlikely to be the problem, since the times are saved on the
>> filesystem, independently of the system time (or clock).  And since
>> Robby says that DrR compares only the time value regardless of being
>> in the future, then there shouldn't be any problem with that.
>>

> If NTP or clock drift was the reason then makefiles would not work and vim
> would also complain a lot (an this is not the case, at least for me).
>
> I do not use network mounts or git and I too get this message almost all
> the time on OS X. I will try to track it down using the patches posted in
> this thread.

I got my first hit using these patches.  I tried to save the file, and was
informed that it had changed on disk since my last save from DrRacket, and
did I want to overwrite it.  Here's what I got

last-saved-file-time: 1299611826
file-modified-time: 1299611832

These times are both quite close to when I tried to save.  In retrospect, I
should have added the output of (current-seconds) to the log output.  I
don't recall a six-second delay while trying to save.

John