[racket-dev] overwrite

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Fri Mar 4 18:24:51 EST 2011

On 27.02.11 23:33, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> Two hours ago, John Clements wrote:
>>
>> Add'l data point: I tried messing up the clock manually, by turning
>> off NTP, but I was unable to duplicate the bug this way.
>
> NTP is unlikely to be the problem, since the times are saved on the
> filesystem, independently of the system time (or clock).  And since
> Robby says that DrR compares only the time value regardless of being
> in the future, then there shouldn't be any problem with that.

If NTP or clock drift was the reason then makefiles would not work and
vim would also complain a lot (an this is not the case, at least for me).

I do not use network mounts or git and I too get this message almost all
the time on OS X. I will try to track it down using the patches posted
in this thread.

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa