[racket-dev] Doc clarification for planet/util install-pkg

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 28 19:39:25 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:47 AM, John Clements
<clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
> I'm confused by the documentation for Planet's "install-pkg" function. First, it appears to me that this is what I'd use to simulate "raco planet fileinject"--is that correct?

Yes, I believe so.

> (I'm on a windows system, and I'm not sure how to get a command-line....)

In the start menu you should be able to type "command prompt" and then
you cd to the main directory of your plt installation and then "raco
planet fileinject" should work there.

> Second, the package-spec that I construct has a version, but I also supply these as separate arguments to install-pkg.  My guess is that the package-spec indicates what I want, and the extra arguments specify what's in the file that I'm providing--is this correct?

I think that the version arguments inside the package-spec are
ignored. The code is in the install-package function in
collects/planet/resolver.rkt.

> If so, I'll modify the documentation to state this.

Thanks!

Robby

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.