[racket-dev] overwrite

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sat Feb 26 13:50:18 EST 2011

Dunno whether this helps...

I haven't looked at the pertinent Racket code, but errors like this
often happen in Unix applications because the mtime of the file is in
the future relative to the current time clock.  Less commonly, because
the mtime changed since the file was read by the app or since the app
last checked.

The most common case can happen because a VC/CM system is updating the
times (someone mentioned Git, and some other systems do this), because
it's a network filesystem and the server and workstation clocks aren't
synced sufficiently, or because NTP or some other mechanism dangerously
jumped the current time clock in reverse (usually a good NTP daemon will
slow the clock rather than jump in reverse).

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/