[racket-dev] Racktest was: OMG the thread that will never die about testing

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 20 20:17:51 EST 2011

On 02/20/2011 10:37 AM, Noel Welsh wrote:
> Here's a proposal that attempts to synthesise prior discussion. It
> support the features I want without imposing overhead on Eli.

I'm starting to think we're going about this the wrong way. I predict
that if we continue, this discussion will devolve into an exchange of
"too simple! too simple!" and "too complex! too complex!".

Here's a new proposal. I'll convert the rackunit gui to use my proposed
result type (probably with minor changes). Any other test framework
maintainer can design a result type that models their own testing
framework, and I'll write a conversion function from their type to mine.
I believe the type I proposed subsumes the others, and I don't think
anyone has expressed interest in the arrows going the other direction.

Then we can continue this discussion with more concrete experience.

Ryan

Posted on the dev mailing list.