[racket-dev] [racket] tests/eli-tester feedback (Was: Racket unit testing)

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Feb 15 09:16:59 EST 2011

5 minutes ago, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> Eli Barzilay wrote at 02/15/2011 07:32 AM:
> > * It uses TR -- but it has to be very minimal.  (*Extremely*
> >   minimal, since it's a candidate for inclusion in the `racket'
> >   language, which is why I was thinking of not much more than
> >   agreed structs and parameters.)
>
> A related consideration is that, the more dependencies the test
> mechanism has, in theory, the more potential points of failure that
> could corrupt the test mechanism itself.

That's true, but I don't worry much about TR breaking -- I worry more
about (a) being able to put it somewhere in racket/private, and (b) it
should be possible to test core stuff with it, including things in the
racket core.  (Obviously some dependencies will still be in, and there
will be more depenencies in the actual user-level interface
implementations.)