[racket-dev] PLaneT gives error "502: Proxy Error" when trying to confirm registration

From: Mike Kazantsev (mk.fraggod at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 3 23:23:35 EST 2011

On Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:04:59 -0600
Robby Findler <robby-5YcgHWA4rVnfxgxxWyf0drK6bRJNSFrb at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> Hi: I wasn't able to reproduce the error, but looking at the logs and
> the code I came up with an educated guess, namely that you were using
> some non-raw ASCII text in your information and that was confusing
> planet. It looks like the test for ASCII-ness was wrong, so I've
> changed that test and restarted the server.

Registered a new login with pretty muich the same data (using "_" in
login instead of a ".") and indeed it works.
There should be no non-ascii data, although I'm pretty sure there
shouldn't have been any in the previous form as well.

Maybe receiving code somehow misinterpreted the "." in the login
("mk.fg")?
Otherwise it could've been just my mistake I guess, but it's quite hard
to make though.

Thanks for looking into a problem in such a timely manner.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net