[racket-dev] Racket home page proposal

From: Norman Gray (norman at astro.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 20 05:42:55 EST 2011

Greetings.

On 2011 Dec 20, at 05:34, Asumu Takikawa wrote:

> Currently, the Racket home page is really nice, but it leaves a
> significant amount of vertical space unused that could be used to
> communicate information.

...or which could be used, as now, to project authority and decisiveness.

The white space below the text currently on the Racket page says "this is all that has to be said at this point; follow the links above for more information".  That makes me at least pay more attention to it.

If there's more text on the page, as in the sample page, I read less of it, and I don't imagine I'm alone in that.

I can feel my eyes gliding over the page, trying to find some way of parsing it.  I alight on the 'Download Racket' link, and on the 'About', 'Download', 'Documentation', ... headlines, and they end up being the only things I see at all.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk