[racket-dev] Downloading DrRacket for Mac is hard?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 12 19:22:32 EDT 2011

Eli, I must say I appreciate some of your concerns but some
I don't comprehend.

(1) My hunch is that most of our downloaders -- especially
technically unsavy (what's the right word here?) people --
download one and only one thing from us.

(2) We need to accommodate them mostly, not the people who
understand language packages.

(3) If it works for FF/Mozilla, why should it not work for us?
Could we write a program that 'steals and adapts' their dowmload
code on a regular base and thus keeps ours uptodate for the next
N years?