[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.1.2

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Aug 1 13:10:30 EDT 2011

About a minute ago, Vincent St-Amour wrote:

> I'd add:
> - The performance of the Typed Racket typechecker has been
>   significantly improved.

OK.

> - Typed Racket now optimizes at the REPL and inside typed regions.

This sounds too uninteresting for most users.

> - Typed Racket now provides a command-line static performance
>   debugging tool.

It is?  In any case, I'd prefer announcing it when the whole thing is
ready, ...

>   A DrRacket-based graphical version will be
>   available in the next release.

... and avoid pre-announcements for future features.

> Unrelated to TR:
> - A high-level interface to Racket's logging facilities is now
>   available in `unstable/logging'.

So far there were no announcements about anything in `unstable', and I
like to keep it out of the very public announcements.  (Unrelated to
posting about it privately as a process to consider moving things
out.)

[Also, I think that it's probably time to add some toplevel `debug'
collection with such utilities -- I've recently added `unstable/time'
which should be there too, as well as cleaned-up versions of the debug
file there.]