[racket-dev] slideshow not hiding KDE panel

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 30 21:47:13 EDT 2010

At Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:20:07 -0400, Faré wrote:
> I'm trying to use slideshow on Linux, and I find it annoying that it
> fails to be on top of the KDE panel.
>
> I admit I know next to nothing about the X protocol, and can't help
> much with this issue, but I hope someone who does can do something
> about it. For the record, samth says he has the exact same problem
> with the GNOME panel.

I think I could fix this in GRacket2 if I could figure out how to
provoke the bad behavior on my machine. I'm running Ubuntu 10, and
Slideshow works. I tried installing and running Maximus, but Slideshow
still worked. (Robby showed me bad behavior on his netbook, and I
thought it had something to do with Maximus, but it's apparently not as
simple as that.)

Does anyone know what I can do to trigger the problem?

Posted on the dev mailing list.