[racket-dev] slideshow not hiding KDE panel

From: Faré (fahree at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 20:20:07 EDT 2010

I'm trying to use slideshow on Linux, and I find it annoying that it
fails to be on top of the KDE panel.

I admit I know next to nothing about the X protocol, and can't help
much with this issue, but I hope someone who does can do something
about it. For the record, samth says he has the exact same problem
with the GNOME panel.

PS: I found it nice to be able to edit in Emacs and run the slideshow
with slideshow foo.rkt or mred foo.rkt. Thanks a lot!

Ob(Pure Programming Languages): implicit state _is_ modularity.
If we want to be really radical, and eliminate implicit state,
then we should eliminate it at the meta-level, too,
and remove named variables, leaving us only combinators.
(\Pi (S (K \Pi) (S (S (K S) (S (K K) (S (K P) I))) (S (S (K S)
(S (K (S (K P))) (S (S (K S) (S (K K) (S (K P) I))) (K I)))) (K I)))))

Posted on the dev mailing list.