[racket-dev] Wikipedia page

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Jun 8 14:35:37 EDT 2010

On Jun  8, John Clements wrote:
> I've taken a first crack at creating a
>
> Racket (programming language)
>
> page in wikipedia, simply by copying the first few chunks of the PLT
> Scheme page.

Thanks!

To explain what looks like an overexcited bang -- it was one of the
items in my todo list.  One thing that I've seen is that you dropped
.ss and .scm from the file suffixes, but I think that they should be
left in?  Maybe there's a way to say that they're not common suffixes
but related ones?

> FWIW, there's also a DrScheme page to update and presumably a whole
> pile of references to PLT scheme, membership in various categories,
> etc.

Right -- I think that the right way to do that is once the Racket page
has enough meat (= covers everything that the PLT Scheme page does),
then the PLT Scheme page should turn into a redirection to Racket, and
the Racket page would obviously have an entry about it being called
PLT Scheme until now.

Similarly, the DrScheme page should be renamed to DrRacket with a
forwarding thing and a note about the earlier name.

You've probably seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_rename_a_page
right?