[racket-dev] new release policy

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 12 08:00:33 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> One thing about stability that bugs me is pushing changes and
> extensions that are likely to change.  For example, I'm worried about
> Jay's push for a number of new features as a response to a blog post,
> it looks like coding in haste that is likely to change.

This is something that the `unstable' collection can be useful for.
It allows us to get some experience with a new API without foreclosing
the possibility of changes.  Of course, that means it won't be as
immediately useful for users outside of the collects, but I think a
little patience can pay off here.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu