[plt-dev] usr repositories

From: Eric Hanchrow (eric.hanchrow at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 24 17:03:19 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> For that kind of basic information, there is this:
>
>  http://eagain.net/articles/git-for-computer-scientists/

I strongly recommend that, too; it's the one thing I read that took me
from vaguely-understanding-but-not-really to being _utterly_ confident
I knew what's going on under the covers.

The other piece of advice that I always give on the #git IRC channel
is: "run gitk --all".  "gitk" is a graphical repository viewer (it
comes with git, so you already have it; there are other, optional,
tools which are similar, like "gitx" for the Mac).  The key is that it
shows you where your commits 'went", which isn't always obvious at
first.

Posted on the dev mailing list.