[plt-dev] SICP and HtDP

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 5 10:03:17 EDT 2009

On May 5, 2009, at 5:43 AM, Neil Van Dyke wrote:

> If anyone has any comments on the way the Introduction of the below
> document refers to PLT, HtDP, or SICP, please let me know.
>
> http://www.neilvandyke.org/sicp-plt/

Perfect.

> I'm especially wondering where people using DrScheme for SICP
> should be directed for support questions.  I think that, by
> default, some people will end up emailing their questions to the
> "plt-scheme" list or to me, unless the documentation strongly
> directs those people elsewhere.

I think we should direct people to plt-scheme for general Scheme
questions and questions concerning the package (and its faithfulness
to SICP). That way you don't have to answer everything.

For SICP content question, they should, well, I don't know. MIT has
killed SICP and Scheme (kill-scheme-kill).

> I will also bounce the text off SICP people, once the software has
> been tested and is ready for them to look at.

They may wish to say whether they have a take on HtDP vs SICP. Of
course they may not care anymore; Hal's all Python now. And they may
never have read HtDP and/or the article.

-- Matthias

Posted on the dev mailing list.