[plt-dev] Re: Pre-Release Checklist for v4.2.1

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Jul 21 15:15:40 EDT 2009

On Jul 21, Doug Williams wrote:
> Jens Axel found the link:
>
> http://bugs.plt-scheme.org/query/?cmd=view&pr=9554
>
> And, Eli, there is a Doug/Appdata/Local/VirtualStore/Program
> Files/PLT/collects/scribblings/main/user directory created on my
> Vista machine in the Virtual Store. So, the
> PLT/collects/scribblings/main/user directory was apparantly created
> after the install. I'm not sure why it's empty, unless the directory
> itself is the lock.

Yes, what I meant is that the virtual store itself is not causing the
problem, but the problem is what makes the virtual store directory be
created in the first place.  What happens is that the marker file is
being created at that place which is the real bug here -- the way you
see that on linux is through a permission error; but on vista, it will
instead divert the write to your virtual store, and at the end of the
process the marker files are being deleted, which is why you're left
with an empty directory.