[plt-dev] Re: [plt-translators] Translations for test engine

From: Michael Sperber (sperber at deinprogramm.de)
Date: Mon Apr 27 06:27:49 EDT 2009

Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> writes:

> * This is in iplt/build/distribution-specs.

The problem is that this documents the specs *as they are*, rather than
as you'd like to see them.  How would it have helped me figure out
there's a problem?  (It also seem way too complex to make for a good
guideline for developers.)

> * Yes, there is a dependency now, this is bad -- but making it worse
>   is not a good idea.

Then maybe the test-engine needs to split in two parts: One that knows
about DrScheme (and which can have translations), and one that doesn't.
It seems Kathy has already catered to that scenario the way the modules
in collects/test-engine are organized.

> (You can see this by the fact that
>   "test-engine" appears in dr-extras instead of plt-extras)

A comment might help idle readers like me figure out that you consider
this undesirable.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike