[racket] compiling Racket to android and ios apps

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 21:20:00 EST 2015

http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/syntax-model.html#%28part._fully-expanded%29

> I'm
> pretty sure this "core Racket" would be relatively easy to translate into
> R5RS etc? So we could have a system that supports R5RS or similar, and then
> have Racket's fully-expanded form run on the system? Such a system will not
> run .rkt files, but some compiled form, but perhaps it can be made fully
> compatible with full Racket? How large is the language of core Racket forms
> (supposing that trivial things like hashtables are implemented in a Racket
> library rather than in C)

Hash-tables are implemented in C and not in Racket. The set of such
"primitives" is very large (like over 1200).

A big problem with iOS/Android is building useful bindings to the
native interfaces so that you could have natural looking programs and
that still "felt like" Racket on the programming side.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy
http://jeapostrophe.github.io

           "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing,
      for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.
And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."
                          - D&C 64:33

Posted on the users mailing list.