[racket] compiling Racket to android and ios apps

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 22 10:59:19 EST 2015

At Fri, 20 Feb 2015 20:21:45 +0100, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
> > Anyone have any current/planned projects on compiling Android and iOS apps
> > from Racket?
>
> > So, as an alternative for smartphone/tablet apps, to keep handy as a backup
> > to HTML5, I'm interested again in the idea of compiling Racket to native iOS
> > and Android apps.  Typical polished commercial-grade apps, so pedagogic
> > graphics worlds alone usually aren't enough.
>
> I'd be interested in helping with iOS apps (writing bindings etc)
> provided someone
> solves the initial hurdle: getting Racket to cross compile to iOS and get it
> running on an emulator (and later an actual phone/tablet).

I've pushed changes to make the Racket runtime system at least compile
as a framework for iOS (as it does already for Android). Build with
something like

  ../configure --host=armv7-apple-darwin \
               --enable-ios=iPhoneOS \
               --enable-racket=racket

or

  ../configure --host=x86_64-apple-darwin \
               --enable-ios=iPhoneSimulator \
               --enable-racket=racket

See "racket/src/README" for more information.

Posted on the users mailing list.