[racket] ANN: DOS, Delimited-continuation-based Operating-system Simulator

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 13:02:00 EDT 2014

I've just released the game architecture library I talked about in
part 2 of my RacketCon talk.

The big picture of this library is to make World-style programs more
 compositional by (a) using continuations to hide the internal state
(including control state) of components and (b) using environments as
a standard monoid-based inter-component communication channel. A
monoid is used to ensure that the components can be evaluated in any
order. Despite assumptions some have about continuations and pure
functional programming, it is incredibly efficient and can run at
60FPS, as demonstrated in get-bonus.

You can get it with

raco pkg install dos

And you can try out the demo with

racket -l dos/examples/win

The demo source is a bare 39 lines:

https://github.com/jeapostrophe/dos/blob/master/dos/examples/win.rkt

and I provide the non-DOS version for comparison:

https://github.com/jeapostrophe/dos/blob/master/dos/examples/win-long.rkt

The core library has a mere 36 lines:

https://github.com/jeapostrophe/dos/blob/master/dos/main.rkt

--
Jay McCarthy
http://jeapostrophe.github.io

           "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing,
      for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.
And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."
                          - D&C 64:33

Posted on the users mailing list.