[racket] Troubles building whalesong on OS X with Racket 6.0.1

From: Michael McCracken (michael.mccracken at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 16:51:34 EDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Michael McCracken <
michael.mccracken at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to build whalesong and am hitting errors both when using
> the planet version in DrRacket, and when using the makefile from the
> current git master.
>
> Unfortunately I'm a real newcomer to Racket, so I'm not sure how to make
> this a smarter question. Does anyone know what's going on here, and how to
> get past this?
>
> % make
> raco planet link dyoo whalesong.plt 1 19 .
> racket make-launcher.rkt
> copy-file: cannot open source file
>   source path: /Users/mmccrack/Source/Racket v6.0.1/collects/launcher/sh
>   destination path:
> /Users/mmccrack/Source/racket-spikes/whalesong/whalesong/whalesong
>   system error: No such file or directory; errno=2
>   context...:
>
>  /Users/mmccrack/Source/racket-spikes/whalesong/whalesong/make-launcher.rkt:456:0:
> make-macosx-launcher
>
>  /Users/mmccrack/Source/racket-spikes/whalesong/whalesong/make-launcher.rkt:
> [running body]
>
> BTW, I saw a note about make-launcher.rkt being a copy-n'-paste workaround
> for a bug in 5.1-era racket, so I tried making a new-make-launcher.rkt that
> just directly calls the real 'launcher' code, but ran into some ignorance
> there too. I'll keep looking at that, but just wanted to ask in parallel if
> anyone has already solved this.

I tried again after a coffee and got this version of make-launcher.rkt:
https://gist.github.com/mikemccracken/3543950789f95cd4a072
- that gets me further but then I see some failures in the 'raco setup'
step, as shown here:
https://gist.github.com/mikemccracken/8c1228668d71a2fea99f

Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks,