[racket] Troubles building whalesong on OS X with Racket 6.0.1

From: Michael McCracken (michael.mccracken at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 16:18:41 EDT 2014

Hi, I'm trying to build whalesong and am hitting errors both when using the
planet version in DrRacket, and when using the makefile from the current
git master.

Unfortunately I'm a real newcomer to Racket, so I'm not sure how to make
this a smarter question. Does anyone know what's going on here, and how to
get past this?

% make
raco planet link dyoo whalesong.plt 1 19 .
racket make-launcher.rkt
copy-file: cannot open source file
  source path: /Users/mmccrack/Source/Racket v6.0.1/collects/launcher/sh
  destination path:
/Users/mmccrack/Source/racket-spikes/whalesong/whalesong/whalesong
  system error: No such file or directory; errno=2
  context...:

 /Users/mmccrack/Source/racket-spikes/whalesong/whalesong/make-launcher.rkt:456:0:
make-macosx-launcher

 /Users/mmccrack/Source/racket-spikes/whalesong/whalesong/make-launcher.rkt:
[running body]

BTW, I saw a note about make-launcher.rkt being a copy-n'-paste workaround
for a bug in 5.1-era racket, so I tried making a new-make-launcher.rkt that
just directly calls the real 'launcher' code, but ran into some ignorance
there too. I'll keep looking at that, but just wanted to ask in parallel if
anyone has already solved this.

Thanks!
-mike