[racket] Fwd: Re[2]: Racket/class, inherit-field all

From: David T. Pierson (dtp at mindstory.com)
Date: Thu Apr 3 08:06:01 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 01, 2014 at 09:07:01PM +0400, Roman Klochkov wrote:
> But may I at least look in compile time what fields the class have?

I'm not particularly knowledgable about classes, but...

I think the answer is "no".  That is what Matthias was showing with his
answer.

One thing that I didn't see explicitly mentioned is that classes in
Racket are themselves *runtime* values.  With respect to your question,
I suspect that is the key difference compared to structs.  Someone
besides me would be more capable to elaborate further, or point us to
the portion of the docs which explain it.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.