[racket] Strange editor behaviour

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 15 09:49:43 EDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 8:39 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> I don't remember my rationale in detail, but I think it was something
> like: a sequence may reflect something the user requested, in which
> case it should always interrupt whatever else the user was doing, or
> the sequence is not due to a user action, in which case it shouldn't
> interrupt the user's actions.

This makes sense to me (and during my begin-edit-sequence audit I went by
"should this count as a separate undo step?"). I do not mean to be
disputing this.

That is, IMO, shift-left (& co) should not be sensitive to this. It should
be sensitive only to "what was the last time that the start and end points
of the selection were the same?" (counting a click and drag as first
setting the start and end points the same).

Robby