[racket] Strange editor behaviour

From: Wayne Iba (iba at westmont.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 14 12:47:29 EDT 2013

I've noticed a similar, perhaps related, issue.  I'm using emacs bindings
and when the find/replace bar is showing, I am unable to place the mark
with ctrl-space and then move the cursor to select a region.  The
shift-arrows work for selecting a region, but the place-the-mark-and-move
does not.

My naive model of this is an analogy to the emacs minibuffer 'Command
attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer'.  In DrRacket, if I leave
the find/replace bar (whether clicking or ctrl-x-o), I cannot select the
region by mark-and-move, but shift-arrows do work for me.

Not sure why shift-arrow would work while placing the mark and moving
wouldn't, but I've just lived with this limitation.  If anyone goes into
the code to address the original issue, it would be great to be able to use
the 'mark-and-move' ability if that could be addressed at the same time.
--Wayne