[racket] Static blog generator

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 5 14:04:35 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM, John Clements <clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:

> On Sep 2, 2012, at 6:22 AM, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
>
>> On 26/08/12 16:13, Jens Axel Søgaard wrote:
>>> Something like this?
>>>

>> Exactly that. Thanks.
>
> Actually, I noticed recently that Jay McCarthy's new blog clearly uses octopress:
>

> http://jeapostrophe.github.com/
>
> So does mine, but my strong suspicion was that Jay was generating his markdown using racket.
>
> Pawing through his repos (sorry, Jay), I see a file called build.rkt that looks like it might be scribble->rkt, but I don't see an obvious place for scribble sources, and I didn't bother searching the whole repo--perhaps Jay has been seduced by the editability of markdown, just like me….

Starting here:

https://github.com/jeapostrophe/jeapostrophe.github.com/tree/source/source

build.rkt goes through downloads/code and finds the rkt files (which
are written in scribble/lp) and then uses the Text renderer plus a
bunch of Markdown functions/macros to produce what looks good (this is
in post.rkt) plus the meta-data that octopress wants

It's pretty good, although I think I'd like to use Scriblogify too

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy <jay at cs.byu.edu>
http://faculty.cs.byu.edu/~jay