[racket] Cool Racket projects

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 00:16:20 EDT 2012

On 10/25/2012 12:02 PM, Ray Racine wrote:
> Somewhat tangentially adjunct to the original topic, "any interest in
> doing some cool racket project".  I'm attempting to put together a toy
> map/reduce (actually more along the lines of the Scala Spark project)
> engine over Racket Places to see how it goes.  If the toy works, combine
> with Toronto's mythical ; )  TRMath collection + a TRPlot, is an
> interesting amalgamation.

Hey! I'm currently documenting!

And then I write a @defproc section and realize, "Hey, I have no idea
what the error is on this function!" So I write a bigfloat
implementation, run more tests, make another approximation, tweak,
fiddle, and curse a lot. Then I can write, "Yup, 4 ulps" in the docs.

Long story short: be grateful, you big snot.

Uh, that came out all wrong. It was supposed to be kinda
tongue-in-cheek, but I think I chewed the slug a bit.

Oh, BTW, Vincent recently made changes that should make the types on
plot's exported functions a lot nicer. Specifically, keywords now play
more nicely with optional arguments. Also, making plot's API more
TR-friendly is definitely on my to-do list, mostly because I'm tired of
not being able to plot in the same file I'm defining functions.

Neil ⊥

Posted on the users mailing list.