[racket] Typed Racket Binding For Plot

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 3 11:13:05 EDT 2012

On 10/29/2012 07:03 AM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> On Oct 29, 2012, at 12:31 AM, Neil Toronto wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't mind changing the API; it would be nice to have things like `points' accept sequences anyway. I haven't put much thought into what would be in the sequences, though.
>

> Question: can you change the API for the Typed version and support both APIs for the Untyped one? -- Matthias

More easily than the other way around. Also, that would work around the
covariance problem with vectors. I could change the contract to accept a
sequence of vectors or lists, and use the type (Sequenceof (List Real
Real)).

I still need a `->*' type constructor, because most plot functions have
2-5 optional arguments and 10-20 arguments altogether. For the largest
functions, a `case->' type would be huge and easy to get wrong. Also,
I'm morally opposed to types that don't fit on my screen.

I'll get around to submitting a formal request, after I get this Poisson
distribution quantile function working...

Neil ⊥

Posted on the users mailing list.