[racket] Small Inline Visualizations In DrRacket's REPL

From: Ray Racine (ray.racine at gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 9 22:14:46 EDT 2012

Say I have a modestly complex set of data contained in a standard Racket
structure, e.g.  (struct: Data ([...])).  I'd like to define some sort of
specialized pretty print (visualization) capability to be used withing
DrRacket at the REPL level.

So I'm working with some code in Dr Racket in the REPL.

> (define data (Data ....)) ;; create a structure of data

> (pretty-visualize data) ;; Either pops up some dialog with text/graphical
visualization or is rendered by the REPL immediately below.
==================
|  Text
|   or 2-d Canvas
|   rendering here.

Say something along the lines one can see in the Professional Tables here.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Tables

I've been poking around in the DrRacket manual but haven't found any place
to gain traction on something like this.   Any pointers on here I should
start reading?

Thanks in advance.