[racket] rendered documentation in planet archive files

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue May 8 10:22:45 EDT 2012

I mean, for the interactive PLaneT Web site to have a working "docs"
HTML link for a package version, must the uploaded PLaneT archive for
that package version have contained a "planet-docs" subdir with the
rendered HTML documentation?

Anyone who has installed a PLaneT package knows the pain of waiting for
documentation to render, even if rendered documentation is contained in
the package archive file.  So I'm trying to see whether "planet-docs" in
the package archive file is still used for any purpose, or I can leave
it out.

Neil Van Dyke wrote at 05/08/2012 10:05 AM:
> For the PLaneT server to provide viewable documentation, does it rely
> on the uploaded ".plt" archive file to contain a "planet-docs"
> subdirectory containing the rendered documentation?
>
> (I see that "make-planet-archive" will by default render any
> "scribblings" documentation to subdir "planet-docs" in the archive.
> I'm just checking whether that's currently necessary, before I change
> my stuff to work better with that.)
>
> Thanks,
> Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.