[racket] rendered documentation in planet archive files

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 8 10:31:45 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:

> I mean, for the interactive PLaneT Web site to have a working "docs" HTML
> link for a package version, must the uploaded PLaneT archive for that
> package version have contained a "planet-docs" subdir with the rendered
> HTML documentation?
>
> Anyone who has installed a PLaneT package knows the pain of waiting for
> documentation to render, even if rendered documentation is contained in the
> package archive file.

Side remark:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that what takes the most time is the
re-rendering of Racket's start.html and especially search.html pages, not
really the package's doc itself (unless you have a big documentation maybe).
(but I agree it's still too long to allow for quickly trying out random
packages, although it's far better than a few years back)

Laurent